Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Check out Ralph Steadman

We need a voice that unites us and speaks this truth to our blighted world

http://www.ralphsteadman.com/

ttp://www.ralphfancygoods.com/

I speak to the world and to you. I don't want anything for myself (I have everything I need), but I do want to see PLAGUE and the MOONflower performed at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine on 112th Street in New York in the Spring of 2009. Somewhere else too- who knows?- the Vatican? and why not?? I’m not proud!

I cry in the wilderness to those whom I consider to be soul brothers — those I have met over the years from wilder times when it seemed that we shared a common cause and we pursued the same dreams, but expected different results, claiming different private aspirations and shutting out the possibility that we could ever be wrong.

Hunter S. Thompson, who cursed us all, would have wanted that even though he thought we were all wrong anyway. When I showed him the pictures, he nodded and uttered some grunting, reluctant approval, but when I showed him the Libretto, the very blood and guts of my efforts, his response was- ‘I told you before. Don’t write Ralph! You’ll bring shame on your family. It’s gibberish’. ‘Your problem, Hunter’, I replied, ‘is that you just cant stand beauty, particularly if I created it. You are jealous. That’s your dark secret!’

No comments: